National Cruelty Free Day
Compassion Over Commerce
"I believe all animals are sentient beings that deserve our love and compassion. No animal should ever have to suffer, especially at the hand of humans and for the sake of beauty or profit." -Colleen Paige
This pivotal day was founded in 2015 by renown Pet Lifestyle Expert, Animal Welfare Advocate
and Conservationist Colleen Paige, also the founder of worldwide lifesaving holidays such as
National Dog Day, National Cat Day, National Pet Day and National Wildlife Day, among others. National Cruelty Free Day, published in Chase's Calendar of Events, is a vital movement that started with small events around Seattle and Los Angeles and is now celebrated annually to galvanize the public to the horrors of product testing on animals in many different industries including beauty, cosmetic, health, home cleaning products and more. It's a day to encourage the public to pledge a promise to buy only "cruelty free products" and in return, give themselves and their families a happier and healthier life....while sparing the needless suffering of millions of animals around the globe. This website is intended to be a vital resource for cruelty free products. If you have a qualifying product that you would like us to consider adding to our resource guide, please contact us for partner pricing and details.
New site coming in November 2023, so please check back.
Chase's Calendar of Events
The Importance of Animal Compassion for a better world
by Colleen Paige
In the pursuit of scientific advancements and consumer safety, many companies have subjected animals to torturous and inhumane product testing practices. However, the ethical implications of such testing cannot be overlooked. Fortunately, there is a growing awareness of the importance of cruelty-free alternatives and the need for consumers to make conscious choices when purchasing products. This article delves into the cruelty involved in animal testing and highlights the significance of supporting cruelty-free brands.
Product testing on animals often involves subjecting them to painful procedures, such as skin and eye irritancy tests, force-feeding, and lethal dose testing. Animals, ranging from rabbits and mice to dogs and primates, endure physical and psychological suffering throughout these experiments. These tests can cause severe pain, distress, and even death, all in the name of ensuring product safety or efficacy. Animals are living beings capable of experiencing pain and suffering, making it essential to address the ethical concerns associated with their use in testing.
Fortunately, an increasing number of companies are recognizing the importance of ethical practices and offering cruelty-free alternatives. Cruelty-free products are those that are not tested on animals during any stage of their development, including ingredients sourcing and final product testing. By supporting these brands, consumers can make a significant impact on the reduction of animal testing practices and contribute to a more compassionate and humane future.
Benefits of Buying Cruelty-Free Products
1. Ethical Considerations: By choosing cruelty-free products, consumers take a stand against the unnecessary suffering inflicted upon animals for the sake of product testing. This choice aligns with a compassionate lifestyle that values the well-being of all living beings.
2. Quality and Safety: Cruelty-free brands often invest in innovative and advanced testing methods that do not involve animal experimentation. These alternative methods, such as computer modeling, and human tissue cultures, can provide accurate and reliable results without causing harm to animals. Additionally, cruelty-free products can meet the same safety and quality standards as their counterparts.
3. Environmental Responsibility: Cruelty-free brands often prioritize sustainable and eco-friendly practices. They tend to use natural, non-toxic ingredients, avoid excessive packaging, and reduce their carbon footprint. By choosing cruelty-free products, consumers contribute to a greener and more sustainable planet.
4. Market Influence: Consumer demand plays a significant role in shaping industry practices. By actively choosing cruelty-free products, individuals send a powerful message to companies that animal testing is no longer acceptable. This drives the market towards more ethical and humane alternatives, encouraging other companies to adopt cruelty-free practices.
The cruelty inflicted upon animals during product testing is a pressing ethical concern. Choosing cruelty-free products empowers consumers to make a positive impact by supporting brands that prioritize the well-being of animals. By opting for ethical alternatives, we can collectively foster a future where compassion, innovation, and consumer choices unite to eliminate the need for animal testing and promote a more humane world. Let us embrace the power we hold as consumers and make a difference by choosing cruelty-free products.
How to Celebrate
1. Educate Yourself: Take the opportunity to learn more about cruelty-free products and their benefits. Research brands that follow cruelty-free practices, understand various certification labels, and explore alternative testing methods. Expand your knowledge on ethical choices when it comes to personal care, cosmetics, household products, and more.
2. Audit Your Current Products: Go through your personal care and household items to identify products that may have been tested on animals or contain animal-derived ingredients. Consider replacing them with cruelty-free alternatives. Look for labels like "Certified Cruelty-Free" or the "Leaping Bunny" logo to ensure your purchases meet the required standards.
3. Spread Awareness: Utilize social media platforms or engage in conversations with friends and family to raise awareness about National Cruelty-Free Day. Share facts, resources, and recommendations for cruelty-free brands. Encourage others to join in making compassionate choices and supporting ethical companies.
***For individuals only. Brands, please respect our IP rights and contact us directly for partner opportunities.
4. Support Cruelty-Free Brands: Make a conscious effort to support and promote brands that are committed to cruelty-free practices. Purchase products from these brands, write positive reviews, and recommend them to others. By supporting ethical businesses, you contribute to the growth of the cruelty-free market.
5. Engage with Animal Welfare Organizations: Connect with local or national animal welfare organizations to learn more about their work and initiatives. Volunteer your time, participate in events, or donate to support their cause. Actively contributing to organizations dedicated to animal welfare can make a significant impact.
6. Share Your Journey: Document and share your personal journey toward cruelty-free choices. Share your experiences, challenges, and triumphs. Encourage others to join you on this path and provide tips and recommendations to help them make informed decisions.
7. Encourage Policy Changes: Advocate for stricter regulations and policies against animal testing. Write to legislators, sign petitions, and support campaigns that aim to ban or reduce animal testing practices. Your voice and active participation can contribute to positive changes in the industry.
Remember, National Cruelty-Free Day is an opportunity to raise awareness, inspire change, and make compassionate choices. By celebrating this day, you play a part in promoting a more ethical and humane world.